We are excited to say Christina is ready to start seeing patients in the office for acupuncture treatments with pre-screening and updated safety protocols.
Requirements for In-person acupuncture Appointments
- Not have a fever or felt feverish for 2 weeks.
- Not have any respiratory symptoms or other possible COVID-19 symptoms for 2 weeks. Allergies, asthma and other non-viral issues usually feel different, but call us prior to coming in if you have questions.
- Not have had close contact with anyone who has possible COVID-19 for 2 weeks.
When you arrive to our clinic, you will need to confirm that the above are still accurate. We will take your temperature with an infrared forehead thermometer and check your blood oxygen with a sanitized oximeter. We also ask that you:
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Be punctual, but please don’t arrive to your appointment more than 15 minutes ahead of time. With all the extra cleaning protocols we now have, we may not be able to accommodate you if you are more than 5 minutes late.
- If there is a patient in the front room, please wait outside.
- Don’t come in with wet hair.
- Wear loose clothing so you do not need to disrobe and bring only what you need into the clinic.
- Don’t bring any guests into the clinic.
If anything changes with your health, your exposure, or your comfort level about coming to the clinic, don’t hesitate to cancel your appointment. We’re not charging the late cancel fee at this time for any of these reasons.
What else we’re doing to keep us all as safe as possible
- We’ve moved the reception area to the front room and adjusted our schedule so there will always be a private room ready for you when you arrive for your appointment.
- When you arrive we’ll take your temperature, you’ll be asked to wash your hands, and go to your private room. Christina will measure your oxygen level.
- Christina will be wearing a mask and protective eyewear. Jules will be wearing a mask. We have an herb pick-up station and credit card reader on the shelf in the lobby so you can stay 6 ft away from Jules as she checks you out and schedules future appointments.
- We’re sanitizing the treatment room and any other part of the office used after each patient.
- We are providing hand sanitizer and paper towels for patients to use throughout the office.
We’ve changed many things in the office to make them extra sanitary. For example, we have HEPA air filtration in each treatment room, the sheets and needles are now stored in closed containers, we have a touchless soap dispenser in the bathroom, and many other details you may or may not be able to see.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, our online scheduler has been updated to reflect our schedule changes, or you can call or email us. (Don’t forget to click CONFIRM in the confirmation email for the online scheduler, otherwise we won’t know you tried to make an appointment.)
If you are immune compromised or have any other risk factors for COVID-19 (chronic lung disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes with complications, neurological condition that weakened the ability to cough, Kidney or Liver disease, extreme obesity), please contact us before booking so we can talk and help you make an informed and safe decision.
For those that prefer to stay home at this time, we understand as that is the lowest risk. We can still support you with a telemedicine appointment! Click HERE for information on them.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We know this is a confusing time and we’re here to help you decide if you feel comfortable coming in for an appointment.
Keep Taking Care
Don’t forget your common sense when it comes to staying healthy. Keep limiting your possible exposure by avoiding unnecessary human to human interactions, increasing your hygiene and sanitization, and washing your hands before and after touching your face.
It’s still vital that we limit the possible spread of the virus to others by wearing a mask and being mindful of our proximity when going into public places. And remember to spend some time each day picturing your good health, drink lots of water, eat nutritious foods, prioritize getting good sleep, get some movement, and make time for laughter.
Here’s to a health and resiliency for you and our community!
Christina Ness-Hawks, LAc
How Are You Doing?
I miss seeing you in person and I’d love to hear from you!
If you need some support, we can talk or “Zoom” for a Telemedicine appointment. Those of you who see me in person for acupuncture know that you get a lot more than just needles from your treatment. Since we’ve been unable to see patients in person, I’ve been doing telemedicine appointments (which is like a Zoom session) and been pleasantly surprised how much connection, diagnosis, and acupressure we can do over video calls.
Through telemedicine appointments I’ve been helping patients:
continue to make progress and stay on track with their goals
combat anxiety and stress during all this change and so much unknown
boost their immune systems, prevent viruses, and stay healthy
reduce pain with effective self care
address whatever new concerns and issues have come up
Are Virtual Visits Secure?
Absolutely. Our video-conference service is through my electronic health record system and is encrypted and HIPAA compliant.
Is It Easy?
Yes! At the start of your visit, I send you an email with a link. You click the link and it opens the 2 way video for our appointment. If you are on a smart phone or ipad, you need to download the app ahead of time. We’ll send you simple instructions prior to your appointment. If you are on a computer, no need to do anything ahead of time; the email link just opens in a web browser.
What’s In a Telemedicine Consult?
During a telemedicine consultation we can check in about your health, and I’ll give you herbal, acupressure, stress reduction, supplement, diet, or lifestyle recommendations tailored just to you. I’m offering these at a discounted rate at this time.
20 Minutes for $60: A quick check in–best for simple updates or changes to an existing condition and if you only want 1 or 2 recommendations.
40 minutes for $100: A longer check in–best for new or complicated conditions, if you simply want more time to talk, or you want several recommendations.
New Patients 60 minutes for $120: We will do a holistic health assessment, set goals and priorities, and I’ll give you a report of findings with a traditional Chinese medicine diagnosis and a treatment plan with herbal, acupressure, supplement, lifestyle, and dietary recommendations.
We’ll send you an invoice through Square and you can pay online without having to sign up for anything. There is a chance insurance will reimburse for it because insurance companies have been mandated to cover telemedicine at this time, but you never know with insurance. So if you have insurance, we will charge you the above rate, bill your insurance, and reimburse you if they pay us. You should be able to use your HSA/FSA/HRA card for telemedicine appointments, so check with your provider.
How To Schedule a Telemedicine Consult
Schedule Telemedicine Consultations on our online scheduler (make sure you get an email and click confirm in that email) or call or email us.
Need Anything Else?
Most of all I want to let you know that I miss you and I’m here to be a resource for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you.
Here’s to finding moments of calm in the storm,
Christina Ness-Hawks, LAc