We’re giving everyone a heads up! On April 3, 2023, California’s mask requirement in healthcare settings will end.
Here’s how that will work at Thrive:1. Staff will continue to wear well fitting masks that are medical grade surgical masks or higher.
2. Patients can choose if they want to wear a mask or not, during part or all of their appointment.
- We think many patients will be happy to wear a mask to their appointment and have the acupuncturist take it off before they leave the room to allow the patient to rest and relax.
3. If you are not feeling well and could be contagious, DO NOT COME to the office.
- We’ll ask you to confirm that you don’t have any viruses, colds, or flus when you check in as a reminder.
- Let us know as soon as you realize you’re not feeling well or think you might be contagious and we’ll be happy to help you reschedule or figure out what to do if you are unsure.
- We have great herbs to treat you at home so you can get better fast.
- Normally you’re still contagious with a virus, cold, or flu for at least 5 days from the start of symptoms and while you are still not feeling well. But we know that sometimes symptoms linger after you are no longer contagious. If you are unsure if you are contagious or if you should be coming in, please reach out.
- You will not be charged a missed appointment fee for cancelling due to being sick and possibly contagious, but please be in touch ASAP so we can accommodate people on our waitlist.
We will continue all of our other virus safety measures which include:
- HEPA air purifiers in each treatment room and throughout the office.
- We sanitize the treatment rooms and let them air out after each patient.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office and there is a bathroom in the lobby for hand washing.
- We sanitize frequently touched surfaces throughout the day.
- We have an herb pick up station and keep your credit card on file for touch-less payment to make it easy to check out.
- Our office doors and windows open directly to the outdoors in the front and rear of the office and we regularly air out the office.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out and we’ll be happy to discuss them with you.
We know that many patients coming to Thrive are choosing to be very careful because their health, or the health of those around them, feels like it is on the edge. Some patients are immune compromised while others have simply had so many health challenges lately that they just don’t want any more.
Our mission is to help people achieve optimal health and because of our clean spacious office and private treatment rooms, we are confident that we can provide a safe environment for you.
For those that have not been here before we’d like to reassure you that that our check in and out area is spacious, most of the time patients check in quickly and head straight to their private room, and that many patients with serious health concerns often tell us they feel very safe in our office and they are so happy they can truly relax. Please reach out with any questions so you can decide the best path forward for you.
Upcoming Schedule Changes
- Christina will be out the week of April 3 – 7 for vacation. Jules will be available for making appointments or other admin needs.
- 🤓 Christina will be out April 27 – May 3, (Thurs-Wed) for a training. She’s excited to get nerdy with some of her favorite herbal medicine mentors! The office will be fully closed at this time.
Take a look now to see if you want an appointment before or after those dates, because those times get busy. You can book through our online scheduler or get in touch.
Make sure to stock up on herbs so you have everything you need.
What We’re Treating in the Clinic–Headaches
Did you know that the transition to spring is headache season? And we think it’s been more pronounced with the weather that’s been all over the place. Plus the rains have delayed dramatic allergy symptoms, so we haven’t been treating as much of that as we normally do at this time.
You don’t have to wait until you have a headache to make an appointment because acupuncture is great at treating headaches preventatively. And if you do already have a headache, acupuncture is also very effective at treating that too. Most patients notice a reduction in their headache as soon as the first few points are placed. Christina’s history with sinus infections has her intimately familiar with how disrupting headaches are, and how much freedom comes from getting them under control.
We also have great herbs for mixing up a custom formula to prevent headaches. And patients tell us they love having an herbal formula on had to take when they get a headache so they can take less medications. And over time many report they get a lot less headaches when they use herbs to treat them at the first sign. We think of this as stopping the pendulum from swinging so far out of balance, which brings more stability, balance, and health over time.
It is possible to create more of what you want in the world effortlessly with grace and inspiration, even now. By effortless I don’t mean lack of action. I mean less of the niggling noise in our head that makes things feel difficult and more clarity, peace of mind, and joy. Along with these good feelings comes more health and vibrancy in our physical body, because your state of mind is the epicenter of your wellbeing.
The secret to doing more of want you want with less efforting has to do with understanding your thinking and your connection to your innate wellbeing. If you want to explore how to understand your thinking in a way which allows for more ease and resiliency please come join us on Tuesdays.
We’re so confident in how helpful this conversation is that the first month is FREE, so you can come check it out without any pressure.
“I just have to tell you that your magic herbs are the real deal! I started to get sick, and remembered I had squirreled away herbs to take if and when that ever started to happen. I rarely get sick, so it had been awhile. So I went to the box, got them out, took them as recommended and WOW, the next day I was no longer ill! I have no idea what’s in those but they really worked for me. Thanks for the recommendation that I should always have them available – and for knowing about them. You are the best!”
Check out our updated recommendations we’ve been sharing for the past 2+ years called “The Golden Window For Treating Viruses” and let us know if you want help creating a plan that will work for you:
Stock up now so you can be prepared with herbs and supplements in case you or those around you get sick. As the quote above shows, if you treat viruses preventatively or as soon as you feel symptoms, it’s surprisingly effective for preventing a virus from taking hold or reducing symptoms and duration.
“Whatever herbal magic you gave me it F-ing worked and turned my Covid around super quickly. I’m barely coughing and congested right now. And tested negative after it being dark purple+ two days ago.”
To more heath and the enjoyment that comes with that!
Christina and Team Thrive