I wrote the first draft of this email a while ago and life has continued to unfold with heated upset and divisiveness. Both in Sonoma County about how our Shelter in Place and Health Orders are being communicated and enforced, or not enforced. And around the US as inequality and racism have been brought out in the open in a most horrific way.
I don’t normally talk about upsetting current events in the office or in my emails. It doesn’t help acupuncture treatments to talk politics/current events and I think there are better resources for those issues than my emails.
But this doesn’t mean I don’t know what’s happening, don’t have strong feelings myself, or think we should ignore our strong feelings. Anger has a place. As a true emotion it helps us identify issues and develop autonomy so we know what is ours to do.
I mention this because in this email I’m inviting you to join a community called Growing More Peaceful. This is not because I think we should ignore our anger, frustration, anxiety, or sadness. This is because I think that it is worthwhile to take a moment to put down nagging, all consuming negative feelings that are distracting us from who we are and what is ours to do. That is just the thing that will give you the clarity, creativity, and energy to see what is yours to do and help make the world a better place.
I believe we’re all here to make different contributions. Some people are designed to work on large movements. But I am designed to help individuals and small groups of people, and the results ripple out. That is why I feel moved to invite you to join our quiet revolution–an invitation that didn’t sound so irreverent or appropriate (depending on your state of mind when you read this) when I originally wrote it.
Sending you, our community, the animals, the plants, and the whole world so much love!
Join the Quiet Revolution: Growing More Peaceful Membership CommunityYou might remember that in March I started hosting a weekly stress reduction zoom session with my mentor Julie Gleeson of The Art of Living, Inc. We have been delighted, moved and touched by the feedback we have gotten from participants, so we’ve decided to continue to grow the community.
Here’s some of what people have been telling us they get from the sessions:
- “I have to tell you that I have felt so much better mentally in general since the Tuesday meeting. Thank you.”
- “For me, these meetings reinforce that concept of quieting the intellect/monkey mind and waiting to hear the whisper of one’s inner wisdom/common sense. I learn this again and again, and yet it is not the first place I turn and obviously, I need the repetition of the lesson!”
- “I felt so grounded after listening last Tuesday. My mind was quiet. I was relieved. Body and mind at peace.”
- “The meetings also give me a sense of community, a feeling of unity of purpose that lingers after the close of the hour. “
Here’s all the information about the community and the link to register. We’re so confident in how helpful this understanding is that the first month is FREE, so you can come check it out without any pressure.
We’ve been known to say that it’s possible to
effortlessly thrive regardless of your circumstances.
Join the online community that’s exploring how to adapt and reconnect to peace of mind and resiliency in the midst of massive change. We’ll share what we know that keeps us sane and grounded. And we’ll answer questions and help you reconnect to common sense and wisdom that will help you navigate your circumstances with more ease.
These uplifting conversations are based on the understanding of the Three Principles behind mental well-being as taught by the late Sydney Banks. But there’s no experience needed. And the other good news is that this understanding is extremely useful to anyone who learns about it – plus it doesn’t require any tools or techniques.
It’s actually revolutionary to look in this direction for wellbeing. That’s why it’s so helpful to be in the conversation with a community that is looking at wellbeing from the inside out. The more you take a breather and look in the direction of common sense and wisdom, the more effortless it is to fall into this space no matter your circumstances. We hope you’ll join our quiet revolution.
- Weekly 1 hour calls Tuesdays, 4-5 pm. Calls will be recorded and available to listen to later.
- Discount on future programs offered on Zoom or live/Zoom combination when it is safe to do that!
- Discounted private consulting fees for Christina and Julie.
- Access to short email, text and phone calls with us at no charge.
The inaugural tuition for this community is $45 per month. When we know more about how the economy will shake out, we may raise the fee for new members. Once you have joined at this rate, your fee will not increase as long as you continue your membership.
Hosts: Julie Gleeson and Christina Ness-Hawks combine over 30 years of understanding and sharing the principles to help their clients find peace of mind, understanding, and well-being. Their conversations are filled with warmth and humor, providing hope that all of us can discover an innate wisdom to guide us through life.
In the silence of our minds lies creative incubation,
bringing the wisdom and the joy we all seek.
-Sydney Banks, The Missing Link
We’re looking forward to continuing to grow more peaceful together!
Thrive is Open with Pre-ScreeningIt’s been great to be back in the office doing acupuncture! Patients have been telling me that the acupuncture has really made a big difference in their health! They were keeping it together with self care, but now they feel so much better. Everyone is reporting they feel more like themselves and their different imbalances are feeling a lot better–pain, stress and anxiety, hot flashes, sleep, digestion, you name it. We’re continuing to open up more appointment spots as more patients make appointments.
Here’s what you need to know about scheduling appointments for acupuncture. (There’s more info on our website at this link for those that like details, but here’s the gist of it)
We ask that all patients who come into the clinic:
- 1. Not have a fever or felt feverish for 2 weeks.
- 2. Not have any respiratory symptoms or other possible COVID-19 symptoms for 2 weeks. (We know that it may be allergies causing these symptoms, but right now we’ll have to do telemedicine to be extra safe–I can still hook you up with herbs etc.)
- 3. Not have had contact with anyone who has been sick or with possible COVID-19 for 2 weeks. You and anyone close to you should be following social distancing recommendations and not travelled on a plane for 2 weeks.
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Don’t come in with wet hair.
- Wear loose clothing so you do not need to disrobe and bring only what you need into the clinic.
- Be Punctual, but please don’t arrive to your appointment more than 15 minutes ahead of time. With all the extra cleaning protocols we now have, we me not be able to accommodate you if you are more than 5 minutes late.
- Don’t bring any guests into the clinic.
- If there is a patient in the front room, please wait outside.
If you would like to schedule an appointment you can call, email, or use our online scheduler (don’t forget to click CONFIRM in the confirmation email, otherwise we won’t know you tried to make an appointment). We’ll reach out to screen you.
If you would like to discuss your needs and whether it makes sense for you to come in, let us know and we’ll give you a call.
TelemedicineFor those that prefer to stay home at this time, you’ll be glad to know that many of the conditions we treat in our clinic have been responding well to herbal medicine, diet, acupressure, and other lifestyle recommendations I’ve been doing via video telemedicine appointments.
Because these appointments get Christina’s undivided attention and require extra follow-up time, the current rate for these secure video appointments is:
- 20 minutes: A quick check in – best for simple updates or changes to an existing condition and if you only want 1 recommendation: $60
- 40 minutes: A longer check in – best for new or complicated conditions, if you simply want more time to talk, or you want several recommendations: $100
- 60 minutes new patient: We will do a holistic health assessment, set goals and priorities, and I’ll give you a report of findings with a chinese medicine diagnosis and a treatment plan with herb, acupressure, supplement, lifestyle, and dietary recommendations: $120
We’ve been told that insurance companies are mandated to cover telemedicine appointments, but you never know with insurance. So if you want us to bill your insurance, we will collect the above fees at the time of service via Square invoicing and then bill your insurance. We will refund you any amount we are able to collect.
If you would like to schedule a telemedicine appointment please call or email. Our online scheduler can’t handle all the different appointment types at this time.
Keep Taking CareDon’t forget your common sense when it comes to staying healthy! Keep limiting your possible exposure by avoiding unnecessary human to human interactions, keep up extra hygiene, sanitization, and washing your hands before and after touching your face. It’s still vital that we limit the possible spread of the virus to others by wearing a mask and being mindful of our proximity when going into public places. And remember to spend some time each day picturing your good health, drink lots of water, eat nutritious foods, prioritize getting good sleep, get some movement, and make time for laughter. I’ve been sharing more about what I’m doing for my health on Facebook if you want some inspiration.
Sending you love and air hugs!
Here’s to health and resiliency for you and our community!
Christina Ness-Hawks, LAc