On April 3, 2023, California’s mask requirement in healthcare settings will end.
Here’s how that will work at Thrive:
- Staff will continue to wear well fitting masks that are medical grade surgical masks or higher.
- Patients can choose if they want to wear a mask or not, during part or all of their appointment.
We think many patients will be happy to wear a mask to their appointment and have the acupuncturist take it off before they leave the room to allow the patient to rest and relax.
- If you are not feeling well and could be contagious, do not come to the office.
We’ll ask you to confirm that you don’t have any viruses, colds, or flus when you check in as a reminder.
Let us know as soon as you realize you’re not feeling well or think you might be contagious and we’ll be happy to help you reschedule or figure out what to do if you are unsure.
We have great herbs to treat you at home so you can get better fast.
Normally you’re still contagious with a virus, cold, or flu for at least 5 days from the start of symptoms and while you are still not feeling well. But we know that sometimes symptoms linger after you are no longer contagious. If you are unsure if you are contagious or if you should be coming in, please reach out.
We will continue all of our other virus safety measures which include:
- HEPA air purifiers in each treatment room and throughout the office.
- We sanitize the treatment rooms and let them air out after each patient.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office and there is a bathroom in the lobby for hand washing.
- We sanitize frequently touched surfaces throughout the day.
- We have an herb pick up station and keep your credit card on file for touch-less payment to make it easy to check out.
- Our office doors and windows open directly to the outdoors in the front and rear of the office and we regularly air out the office.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out and we’ll be happy to discuss them with you.
We know that many patients coming to Thrive are choosing to be very careful because their health or the health of those around them feels like it is on the edge. Some patients are immune compromised while others have had so many health challenges lately that they just don’t want any more.
Our mission is to help people achieve optimal health and because of our spacious and clean office, we are confident that we can provide a safe environment for you.
For those that have not been here before we’d like to reassure you that that our check in and check out area is spacious, most of the time patients check in quickly and head straight to their private room, and that many patients with serious health concerns often tell us they feel very safe in our office and they are so happy they can truly relax. Please reach out with any questions so you can decide the best path forward for you.