Ready for an Appointment? Here’s what you need to know about scheduling appointments for acupuncture in the age of COVID-19
In-person Acupuncture Appointments
We ask that all patients who come into the clinic:
- Not have a fever or felt feverish for 2 weeks.
- Not have any respiratory symptoms or other possible COVID-19 symptoms for 2 weeks. Allergies, asthma and other non-viral issues usually feel different, but call us prior to coming in if you have questions.
- Not have had close contact with anyone who has possible COVID-19 for 2 weeks.
When you arrive to our clinic, you will need to confirm that the above are still accurate. We will take your temperature with an infrared forehead thermometer and check your blood oxygen with a sanitized oximeter. We also ask that you:
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Be Punctual, but please don’t arrive to your appointment more than 15 minutes ahead of time. With all the extra cleaning protocols we now have, we may not be able to accommodate you if you are more than 5 minutes late.
- If there is a patient in the front room, please wait outside.
- Don’t come in with wet hair.
- Wear loose clothing so you do not need to disrobe and bring only what you need into the clinic.
- Don’t bring any guests into the clinic, with the exception of pre-approved family members or translators.
If anything changes with your health, your exposure, or your comfort level about coming to the clinic, don’t hesitate to cancel your appointment. We’re not charging the late cancel fee at this time for any of these reasons.
Some of the things we’re doing to keep the office as safe as possible:
- We’ve adjusted our schedule so there will always be a private room ready for you when you arrive for your appointment.
- We have HEPA filtered air purifiers in each treatment room and we’re sanitizing the treatment rooms and any other parts of the office used after each patient.
- We are providing hand sanitizer and paper towels for patients to use throughout the office.
- We have an herb pick-up station and credit card reader on the shelf in the lobby so you can stay 6 ft away from the receptionist as she checks you out and schedules future appointments.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We know this is a confusing time and we’re here to help you decide if you feel comfortable coming in for an appointment.
For those that prefer to stay home at this time, we understand as that is the lowest risk. We can still support you with a telemedicine appointment! Click HERE for information on them.
Fees for Initial Visit
- New Patients Initial Acupuncture Appointment: Christina will do a holistic health assessment, set goals and priorities, and give you a detailed Report of Findings with a traditional Chinese medicine diagnosis and a treatment plan with herbal, acupressure, supplement, lifestyle, and dietary recommendations. You’ll also receive acupuncture needling to address your specific health issues. Plan on being at the clinic for 1 hour and 40 minutes minutes; $150 for non-insurance paying patients (Insurance may reimburse you)
- Telemedicine Appointment: Includes all of the above except no actual acupuncture since it’s done virtually. 60+ minutes; $120 (Insurance may reimburse, but payment is required prior to the appointment, and we’ll reimburse you whatever your insurance pays out up to $120)
Please contact our office to schedule your first appointment.
Call, email or use the use the contact form below to get in touch. We’ll make sure you get everything you need to make your first appointment smooth and enjoyable.
Still Have Questions?
Call or contact us today at (707) 527-0868 so our office manager Jules can answer any questions you may have.
If you would like to discuss your health concerns with the acupuncturist Christina, she offers a brief holistic health assessment over the phone. She will then be able to let you know what she can do for your specific needs. Give us a call at 707-527-0868 to set up this complimentary assessment.