Here’s what you need to know about scheduling appointments for acupuncture in the age of COVID-19
We ask that all patients who come into the clinic:
- Not have a fever or felt feverish for 2 weeks.
- Not have any respiratory symptoms or other possible COVID-19 symptoms for 2 weeks. Allergies, asthma and other non-viral issues usually feel different, but call us prior to coming in if you have questions.
- Not have had close contact with anyone who has possible COVID-19 for 2 weeks.
When you arrive to our clinic, you will need to confirm that the above are still accurate. We will take your temperature with an infrared forehead thermometer and check your blood oxygen with a sanitized oximeter. We also ask that you:
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Be Punctual, but please don’t arrive to your appointment more than 15 minutes ahead of time. With all the extra cleaning protocols we now have, we may not be able to accommodate you if you are more than 5 minutes late.
- If there is a patient in the front room, please wait outside.
- Don’t come in with wet hair.
- Wear loose clothing so you do not need to disrobe and bring only what you need into the clinic.
- Don’t bring any guests into the clinic.
If anything changes with your health, your exposure, or your comfort level about coming to the clinic, don’t hesitate to cancel your appointment. We’re not charging the late cancel fee at this time for any of these reasons.
Some of the things we’re doing to keep the office as safe as possible:
- We’ve moved the reception area to the front room and adjusted our schedule so there will always be a private room ready for you when you arrive for your appointment.
- Christina will be wearing a mask and protective eyewear. Jules will be wearing a mask.
- We have an herb pick-up station and credit card reader on the shelf in the lobby so you can stay 6 ft away from Jules as she checks you out and schedules future appointments.
- We have HEPA filtered air purifiers in each treatment room and we’re sanitizing the treatment rooms and any other parts of the office used after each patient.
- We are providing hand sanitizer and paper towels for patients to use throughout the office.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We know this is a confusing time and we’re here to help you decide if you feel comfortable coming in for an appointment.
Click here to Book Online!
If you prefer, you can also give us a call, email us, or use the contact form below.
For those that prefer to stay home at this time, we understand as that is the lowest risk. We can still support you with a telemedicine appointment! You’ll be glad to know that many of the conditions we treat in our clinic have been responding well to herbal medicine, diet, acupressure, and other lifestyle recommendations I’ve been doing via video telemedicine appointments.
During a telemedicine consultation Christina will check in about your health, and give herbal, acupressure, stress reduction, supplement, diet, or lifestyle recommendations tailored just to you.
- 20 Minutes for $60: A quick check in–best for simple updates or changes to an existing condition and if you only want 1 or 2 recommendations.
- 40 minutes for $100: A longer check in–best for new or complicated conditions, if you simply want more time to talk, or you want several recommendations.
Our video-conference service is through Thrive’s electronic health record system and is encrypted and HIPAA compliant.
Call Jules at the office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your telemedicine appointment.
Online Booking Tips:
The online booking system is pretty user-friendly if you are tech savvy. Give it a try and if you get stuck, check out these tips to get you back on track. Complete instructions follow further below if you like details. If you have any questions, please reach out; we’re happy to help and welcome feedback.
- Confirmation Email: Please ensure you have completed all the steps for booking an appointment. If you don’t receive an email that says “Your appointment has been scheduled”, that means you have not completed your booking.
- The Most Common Hiccup: The most common problem is that you have entered a different email, or some other information varies from what we have on file for you. After you click the button to submit your appointment request you should see a pop up that says “One Last Step” and tells you to go to your email to confirm your appointment. If nothing happens and it feels anticlimactic, there is something wrong with the information you provided about yourself. The confusing part is that the system does not make it very clear that something has gone wrong. You’ll need to check for any fields in red and for an error message in a light yellow box. More details are below in Step 4 below.
- 24 hours: The scheduler allows you to book appointments up to 24 hours ahead of time. If it is less than 24 hours ahead of time, please call or email us because we have the power to make last minute appointments.
- Not Finding Your Spot?: If you can’t find an appointment at a time that works for you, please call or email us. We have the power to override the system and move things around.
- Cancellation List: If you would like to be put on a cancellation list for a particular day and time, please call or email us. We’ll be sure to be in touch if an appointment opens up for you.
- Rescheduling: At this time, if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment please call or email us. Please remember we have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Please be in touch as soon as possible if you have any concern about making your appointment on time so we can accommodate you and patients on the waitlist. If it is outside of office hours you are welcome to book yourself a new appointment online and let us know via voice or email what appointment you would like to cancel.
- If you or someone in your household starts to exhibit Covid19 symptoms or a fever at any time prior to your appointment, PLEASE cancel your appointment. You will NOT be charged for cancellations within 24 hours for this reason.
Online Booking Instructions:
If you get stuck follow, these instructions. Tricky parts are in brown.
- Click on this link to Make an Appointment. A new webpage will open up that is our online scheduling system.
- Required Fields: Enter all the fields that identify you and the reason for your visit:
- Type of Visit: Follow Up Acupuncture (that’s the only option)
- Reason for Visit: back pain, stress, allergies, tune up, etc.
- Patient name
- Date of birth
- Email: Make sure you use the email address we have on file otherwise the system won’t recognize you as an existing patient. You can look for your most recent appointment reminder email to figure out which email is currently on file. If that doesn’t work, give us a call and we’ll help you sort it out.
- Home phone or Cell phone: the system requires you to enter one.
- Office: Thrive Acupuncture and Wellness (that’s the only option)
- Available Times: Click on an appointment time that works for you.
- Scroll forward and backward with the “Next Week” and “Previous Week” buttons.
- The appointment you have selected will be highlighted in green. This will also be summarized in the light green box.
- Ignore the part that says the visit length is 20 minutes; all follow-up acupuncture appointments are 1 hour.
- Submit Appointment Request: click the big green button at the bottom of the page to Submit Appointment Request.
- A box should pop up that says “One Last Step” and tells you to go to your email to confirm your appointment. Go do that right away.
- If you do not see the “One Last Step”pop-up box, there is something wrong with the information you provided in the Required Fields up top. Look for fields that are in red and any error messages in yellow just above the Available Times If the error message in the yellow box tells you that appointments are only for existing patients it is because you have not entered the email we currently have in our system. Make any corrections. Then go back to step 3.
- Confirm Your Appointment: Go to your email and find the email that says “Please confirm your appointment with Christina Ness-Hawks, LAc”. Click the confirmation link inside.
- If you did not get this email and you never saw a pop-up box that says “One Last Step”you did not enter the personal information in the Required Fields correctly. Go back to step 4B.
- If you did not get this email after you got the “One Last Step” pop up box, your email is hiding. Make sure you are in the correct email account and check your spam or promotions folders.
- Check That Your Appointment Has Been Scheduled: If you do not get an email right away that says “Your appointment has been scheduled” then you have not actually booked an appointment. Someone may have beat you to your appointment, or some other error occurred.
- Start over at step 1, call us, email us, or use the contact form below.